Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
My closest friend and dive partner spends half the time in the Florida Keys and half here in New York. We can't really tank any kind of pictures here as the visability here is measured in inches. My avatar was taken from about an inch away here in NY and that's about the farthest away you can get to see on many days. My friend is also a much better underwater photographer than I am. These looked to be very shallow dives and were taken yesterday.
You don't often see these large elkhorn corals any more but I have seen some as big as a house in St Lucia in the Caribbean. Hurricanes and typhoons have a way of toppling these as they are more delicate than more rounder corals.

These roundish corals make up most of the reefs in Florida.

If you dive, you will see fry like these all over the place and most fish consider this an all you can eat buffet. Fry make up a large part of many fishes diet.

C

Cu455

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Cool pictures. My parent's have a place down there. We used to dive Pennekamp marine preserve, or something like it.

photoman

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question about picture taking under water

If I am ask, what camera and what do you use to put the camera in? I have always wanted to try my hand at at taking under water pictures. I have a Nikon D7100. Thanks for any info and I enjoyed the pictures.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
As I said in the first post, that was my friend who took those pictures. I spoke to him yesterday and he told me that was the clearest he has ever seen the Keys. That was Kew Largo. I don't know what camera he used. I use a Hero3 camera but he takes much better pictures than I do.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: