NKT

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Picked these up at the LFS today for an unbelievable price...hope you like em! :)

Equipment: Nikon D100, 60mm Micro lens, handheld

Attachments

• bellus1.jpg
    bellus1.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 3,638
  • bellus2.jpg
    bellus2.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 3,646
  • bellus4.jpg
    bellus4.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 3,654

JeremyR

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To get photos like those, and of your wrasses.. how long do you sit there and how many photos do you end up taking to get a good one? That's my problem with the fishes.. I'm too impatient and they don't like to hold still.

NKT

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi Jeremy, I was actually pretty lucky with these guys..I don't think I took more than 15 shots to get these three keepers. With that lineatus wrasse picture, however, that one took many days of just sitting in front of the tank, camera in hand, waiting for him to "display" his fins. The hard part was that he would swim full speed whenever he was displaying, which made it very difficult to get a clear shot--which is why I'm so proud of that one I posted in the "Hello" thread. :)

(it also helps to have a nice camera with a short shutter lag--time it takes between pushing the button and the picture actually being taken) I attribute 95% of the quality of my pictures to my camera and gear and about 5% to my actual skill. :D

JeremyR

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that's my only gripe with the sony we have.. it takes a few seconds to take the photo when you hit the button and the fish are usually somewhere else by then.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a really good argument AGAINST going digi.

NKT, what a show-off! (Lookit me, green with envy :mrgreen: )

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seamaiden":1c3hq5e1 said:
Sounds like a really good argument AGAINST going digi.

My minolta dimage 7i (sort of a 'prosumer' camera...not a d-slr, but not a cheap-o point & shoot either) has a great lag-time...rivals most film SLRs. Plus I've got a burst mode where I can grab up to like 42 shots at 1024x726 at like 7 shots a second or something. Makes it super easy to get good shots of the fishies. Just run off a burst of 20 or 30 shots and then pick out the 4 or 5 good ones. Tons easier, cheaper, and faster than film.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
NKT":2ft6vs43 said:
Hey Sharkky, I didn't realize you were on photosig as well. What's your username on photosig? Mine's http://www1.photosig.com/viewuser.php?id=21732

Yup, been on there for a few months now. I'm http://www1.photosig.com/viewuser.php?id=70910 . This is awesome! All my buddies are transferring now...hehe! :D

What do you think about the big V2 switchover going on at photosig? I can't wait; I've been one of the artsig beta testers and that new software rocks!

-John

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: