• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
contestimage.jpg

We had a spectacular turn-out for our first Reefs.org Bi-weekly photo contest. It's time for you to pick your favorites!

We thank everyone for participating. It was a tough decision picking the stand-outs from a terrific collection of photos, but after much deliberation, here are the finalists for you to vote on (in order of time of submission):

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photo #1
Name (member and/or real name): luminary
Photo Title: Waving Goni
Photography equipment: Olympus C4040
Location/Tank: 50 gallon reef
goni.jpg

Photo #2
Name: Art Malone (aMalone on #reefs)
Title: Fiji Brain
Photo Equip:Nikonos V - 15mm, Sb103 strobe
download.php

Photo #3
Name (member and/or real name): Joe Burger
Photo Title: Alveopora Close-up
Photography equipment: Nikon Coolpix 995
Location/Tank: 180 Reef
daisy_022002.jpg

Photo #4
Name (member and/or real name): Mike Kirda
Photo Title: That green one
Photography equipment: Nikon N70, Nikkor 28-105mm reversed, SB-28 flash
Location/Tank: Chicagoland, photo from a CMAS member's tank.
Comments (optional): Velvia shot at ISO40
download.php

Photo #5
Name (Member and/or real name): Stonehaven
Photo Title: Cynarina
Photographic Equipment: Canon D30. 100 mm Macro Lens. Tripod.
Location/Tank: Greenwich, CT/500g Reef
Red-Cynarina-Mouth.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Absolutely gorgeous, wouldn't you agree? :P

Polls will close in 7 days. The winner will be announced on Monday, April 28, 2003. Winning submission will be displayed on Reefs.org's homepage, as well as receive a 15% off discount on any purchases over $100 at Marine Depot. Good luck to all the finalists! Thank you for making our first Bi-weekly Photo contest a smashing success. Be sure to check out our next Photo Contest.

Unfortunately, some photos were not considered for polling because they did not adhere to the rules of the contest. Make sure to read the Contest Rules before submitting your photos.

Please note: Refrain from commentary posts in this thread. Such posts will be deleted. You must be a registered member to vote. Please log in to particpate in the polls. Individuals are permitted only one vote per contest. Any violations of these rules may result in an administrative ban

mkirda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might want to add the two photos (#2 and #4) for people to see here instead of digging...

Regards.
Mike Kirda

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike,
I've confirmed with 3 different parties that #2 and #4 are indeed visible. However, because they are attachments to reefs.org, you must be logged in to be able to see them. If you're logged in and still can not see these two photos, please let me know and I will investigate further.

Note: Only registered, logged-in members can vote as well.

mkirda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":zv5m743z said:
Mike,
I've confirmed with 3 different parties that #2 and #4 are indeed visible. However, because they are attachments to reefs.org, you must be logged in to be able to see them. If you're logged in and still can not see these two photos, please let me know and I will investigate further.

Note: Only registered, logged-in members can vote as well.

Len,

In Mozilla 1.3, I see no images at all for 2 or 4.
In IE5.5, I see image placeholders for them as indicated in the screen capture...

I may have suffered a catastrophic tank failure, but I can still see my screen...

Regards,
Mike Kirda

Attachments

• len1.jpg
    len1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 3,874

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike,

Try deleting your cache, or simply refreshing. The exact problems you described in Mozilla and IE match what would occur if you are not logged on or are loading cached image files. If you're unable to resolve the issue, or if anyone else is experiencing this problem, please let me know in this post asap and I will find a new way to post these images.

mkirda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":2yu8ckeo said:
Mike,

Try deleting your cache, or simply refreshing. The exact problems you described in Mozilla and IE match what would occur if you are not logged on or are loading cached image files. If you're unable to resolve the issue, or if anyone else is experiencing this problem, please let me know in this post asap and I will find a new way to post these images.

Len,

First thing I did was delete memory cache and disk cache. Done waaayyy too many web pages to not know this. I did this before I posted in the beginning.

Again, they did not appear, as per the image.

I dunno. Maybe it is just me. I seem to have a dark cloud hanging over me.

Note however that I am now at work and am still having the same problem!

Regards.
Mike Kirda

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike,
I'm fresh out of ideas. It's worked on every computer I've used so far, and I've received multiple confirmations it works with other people so long as they're logged in. I will investigate further and see if I can find a solution for you.

If anyone else is experiencing this problem, please let me know. Thanks.

mkirda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":mhdg0qff said:
Mike,
I'm fresh out of ideas. It's worked on every computer I've used so far, and I've received multiple confirmations it works with other people so long as they're logged in. I will investigate further and see if I can find a solution for you.

If anyone else is experiencing this problem, please let me know. Thanks.

Ok, Looking at the page source, here is what I notice...

#2 and #4 are linked back to RDO. (All others are off-site links...)
When I paste the RDO link into a new window, I get the message:

(http://reefs.org/phpBB2/download.php?id=3506)

Sorry but you are not authorized to view or download this attachment.

So, they *are* out to get me. {grin}

Regards.
Mike Kirda

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heh :lol:

You get that message when the server doesn't recognize you as a logged-in user. Only registered members can view and upload attachments. You might want to check your cookie/security settings as well. What's strange is you are able to attach images before, and obviously able to post now (which suggest you are logged in).

mkirda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":2mxp4m2z said:
Heh :lol:

You get that message when the server doesn't recognize you as a logged-in user. Only registered members can view and upload attachments. You might want to check your cookie/security settings as well. What's strange is you are able to attach images before, and obviously able to post now (which suggest you are logged in).

It doesn't recognize me as a logged in user because the reference is not the same site as the BB. If I change the link to include the prefix (www.), the pics appears w/o the warning.

IOW, please change the links to www.reefs.org instead of just reefs.org.

People who CAN see those links should know that their browser's cookies are open to browsing by other sites. Their browser is actually mis-configured and very insecure.

This should fix the issue for everyone, including me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: