EmilyB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I am Canadian so you will ignore this message...

however can someone help me identify this starfish, area of collection, etc...so that I can try to find more.

StarDSC00004_rs.JPG

It is eating an OSI wafer...

EmilyB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, I can get one Sea....they are the very same as the ones FFE had on their site as the orange knobby star.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why the heck is it eating a condom??? 8O :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sharkky":24bxznfx said:
Why the heck is it eating a condom??? 8O :lol: :lol: :lol:

Either that or Emily stuck a refrigerator magnet in her tank to mess with us.

(ah so, I see the explanation now... )

shalegac

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks just like my Red Thorny Star that I asked about not to long ago, except I got bashed for asking about it. Anyway here is what I know The Red Thorny Sea Star (Echinaster sentus) is in the Echinaster genus and will have similar behaviors and requirements to others in the same genus. In general, they are very peaceful and easy to keep. They do prefer a sandy substrate as well as a lot of live rock to pick algae and detritus from.
These creatures are natural predators of sponges, clams, and smaller anemones so use caution when adding one to your aquarium. Like most other Sea Stars they are very intolerant to sudden or changes in pH, temperature, salinity, and alkalinity and will not do well with high levels of nitrate. It can get to about 3" or so.
I hope this helps. :) Shaun

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: