Kalki

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These were all taken last night with my Canon S5IS. The last one was with the built in flash which I seldom use. You guys submitted some awesome pictures.

aerial.jpg

Goby.jpg

Shadow.jpg

BCinYa

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, you're shooting right after class?? Good on ya!

You say that the last image was shot with on-camera flash. The others were with the existing aquarium lights? (I'm making assumptions)

You did a good job of avoiding the bain of on-camera flash... reflections. Shooting from an angle.

What do you think of the difference in the image by using flash and not?

We'll be talking a bit more about flash this Sunday.

Kalki

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a Hot Shoe attachment on top of my Canon. The flash photos I took the other night came out fairly well. Although I was not getting much reflection there were areas that were brighter than I wanted. I can control the output of the flash but I think these were set on the highest setting. Since I am shooting in manual mode there are probably other adjustments I need to make when using the flash. One thing I am looking for with or without the flash it capturing more natural colors.

biolund

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kalki - I love the shot were the blenny is looking out from the barnacle shells. You are off to a good start.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: