• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our saltwater aquarium community?
    JOIN NOW

Kalki

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say that finding bad photos proved much easier than finding good ones :)

badphoto.jpg

1. Why did the image fail?

Lighting and focus are terrible.

2. Is it clear what the actual subject of the image is?

I have no idea what or whom the subject is supposed to be.

3. How is the exposure?

Seems to be way over exposed to me.

Is the color balance for the image accurate?

The colors seem very unnatural. The Reds are way too red and the rest of the photo is swallowed by blue.

4. How is the focus and depth-of-field in the image?
a. Are all the necessary parts of the subject in focus?

Actually I am having a hard time finding anything in focus. The DOF seems to be fairly high but I think they missed out on even creating a single focus point.

b. Are there image elements that are visually confusing or distracting because there is too much in focus?

The pictures is very confusing. I have no idea what the photographer was going for. Was it the fish swimming by? Besides being out of focus the color balance makes it very difficult to focus on any single element other than the bright reds.

5. What could the Photographer have done to make this a better photo?

First thing would be to decide what it was they were trying to capture. The settings they used seem to be way out of whack. The photo is too busy with no clear place to focus the eyes.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: