Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Awilda, I am a happy person anyway but put me back in Bora Bora and see how happy I could get. I had to get plastic surgery to make my face bigger to fit my smile :biglaugh:

We are planning a trip now with our daughter, probably to the Caribbean and I am really so spoiled from the South Pacific that I can't even get excited. There is no comparism.
This was our ship that we also took to a few other places. It only holds 260 people. And thats Bora Bora Harbor
Take care.
Paul

Attachments

• Copy of Tahiti 036.jpg
    Copy of Tahiti 036.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Copy of Tahiti 047.jpg
    Copy of Tahiti 047.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 87

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Awilda my boat is not too large and I don't have a large range. I have taken my boat to Fire Island and Greenport Conn. It is for sale so we can get a larger one. We want to take trips to the Great Lakes and Montauk. I am a lisenced Captain and have taken other people's boats further. We have had a boat since the seventees and I couldn't live without one. There is no such thing in the summer as what are we going to do. We are always on the boat. Many of our friends have boats and we raft up for the weekend. Sometimes we have 14 boats tied up. Mine is the smallest.
This is how I have spent every summer since I have been married.
PS thats not by boat in the picture. I think I was standing on mine when I took the picture. I can't afford this boat

Attachments

• Copy of Copy of Boat with Lou 007.jpg
    Copy of Copy of Boat with Lou 007.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 74

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Oh man that looks like so much fun!! You guys are so blessed. If only hubby didn't have a thing about the water! He swears he must've drowned in another life.LOL
I would've been happy with your so called little boat.:) Yeah, those big guys make yours look small, but you guys are still blessed to have the one you have.
I think Ink wants to be your new friend Paul!!hehehe

Last edited:

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
awesome... I was born in 1980, so I didnt know what saltwater tanks were like back when.
I like boats for fishing more than swimming though.......my brother caught a 900 lbs tuna last summer.....or was it 2 summers ago, i dont know.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Ink, I am a north shore boater. I don't like crowds and never go down south unless it is on one of my friends boats who live there. I like boating at night even better. Nothing like a sunset, good friends and some nice wine. That picture was taken in Port Washington a few hundred yards from my marina. You can find me there any night on a weekend in the summer. I do most of my diving on the north shore.
That boat where the girl (woman) is climbing up is my closest friends boat. We have been friends since high school.

Awilda, my wife is not much afraid of the water. Here she is in Tahiti.
Dalesharks.jpg

Last edited:

coralite

Jake Adams
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the throwback pics Paul. That's before my day but i still have mad respect for people who kept marine tanks when success was more likely to be attributed to luck than understanding.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Awilda, yes they are. There were Lemon sharks there too. As soon as you get in the water, you are surrounded by them. There were about 30 of them on that dive.
They don't bother you are are really beautiful. Thats why people dive in the South Pacific. You can even see the sharks from shore. There are also very large manta rays and turtles.
Paul

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: