IconicAquariums

Iconic Aquariums
Vendor
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Are you familiar with the Alaskan King Crab display, on the way outside to the seal show? The underwater viewing is just past the King Crab display on the right. It looks like a tunnel going down below ground level. Very cool perspective.

swimmer

Those are actually Giant Spider Crabs from deepwater Japan, but close enough :smile:

marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
There was this one huge Lobster in there. I think it was the biggest one that i seen ever. It's claws were like 2x bigger then my hand. Pretty interesting stuff there i recommend everyone heading out there. It's definetely worth the ride. My pictures dont do justice for the place itself.

marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
Can't wait to see more of your pics.

Hope ya don't mine me sharing one of my favorites from the many trips we have taken there.

DSC02135Small.jpg

Great picture, these sea lions are so friendly when you come up to the glass its like they want to "kiss you"

chuck

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great place and Great Photos..

One of the many good things about being a LIRA member (Long Island Reef Association) is that Joe , The LIRA President and Curator of Atlantis, Donates many frags from that 20k gal reef of his at every meeting. These are raffled off at ridiculously low prices! :) but don't say I told ya...:shhh::shhh:

chuck

marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
Ok here is some more like I promised

I will post more another day.

Attachments

• 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 109
  • 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 105
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 34.jpg
    34.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 35.jpg
    35.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 109
  • 36.jpg
    36.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 37.jpg
    37.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 38.jpg
    38.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 106
  • 39.jpg
    39.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 103
  • 40.jpg
    40.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 103

chuck

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
is this the same place they sell frags on the net? Atlantis.net?
No not even close.. :) this is a public /privately run aquarium located in Riverhead long Island.
ATLANTIS MARINE WORLD

AMW doesn't sell coral to the public, Joe donates the frags that "break off " while he's inside cleaning the tank or the super larger unicorn tangs break off while swimming around.

What I love best is when you buy one of these frags at the meetings you can then go see the "mother colony" in the aquarium.. and "wonder what the heck am I doing wrong! " LOL :)

IMO Its a real nice place to visit....

chuck

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
No not even close.. :) this is a public /privately run aquarium located in Riverhead long Island.
ATLANTIS MARINE WORLD

AMW doesn't sell coral to the public, Joe donates the frags that "break off " while he's inside cleaning the tank or the super larger unicorn tangs break off while swimming around.

What I love best is when you buy one of these frags at the meetings you can then go see the "mother colony" in the aquarium.. and "wonder what the heck am I doing wrong! " LOL :)

IMO Its a real nice place to visit....

chuck
My pink cap is actually from there.Nice place to visit. Better than the Aquarium we have in Coney Island.I was there in November and liked it. I actually drove past it today while I was out there summer house shopping and it looked busy.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: