h20 freak

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I found out my camera has macro(surprised me a bit) so I tried it out.

The toadstool was simple enough, but it took me forever to get the wrasse and as you can see, its no POTW shot, my fish have some kind of primal fear of my camera but as long as their isnt one in front of the tank they are very calm and still, the wrasses"flashing" often, no matter what is going on around the tank:irked:. I was only able to get this pic by holding some food in the tank and waiting with camera in position, and still they were reluctant, my scott's wrasse didn't even come out.Did I mention all my fish are happy to eat out of my hand normally?Any way, any tips on getting a good fish shot?

Also, besides the fact I can't take a picture of a fish:lol:I'm not entirely sure how macro works, as you can see with the finger leather, its not entirely in focus. It is only an inch or two deeper in then my toadstool but my camera won't focus that far while in macro, It wasn't even worth taking a pic of my xenia thats another inch deeper.Is this normal?How do people get macros so far?

Attachments

• 7-27-08 001.jpg
    7-27-08 001.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 7-27-08 008.JPG
    7-27-08 008.JPG
    203.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 7-27-08 004.JPG
    7-27-08 004.JPG
    233.6 KB · Views: 81

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: