Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
I'm new to photography and cameras, I own a Power Shot S5 IS and I'm trying to find a macro lens for it. My question, Is my camera a SLR? I'm looking on ebay for a lens and most are for SLR's. How do you know what lens will work with your camera? Thank you in advance for your help.

DontXtripNfall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
LOL lenny! its not SLR, but its pretty close to it IMO... the macro lens i bought said powershot s5is in the heading or w/e it is.. description? like i said, if you like my lens after seeing it then u wont need to search around :)

DontXtripNfall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
that lens looks like it distort the coloring a lil bit and u should need wide angle because you hav a stich assist setting that allows u to take 2 pic and merge them to make it wide angle... i have to go to sleep cuz my first day is tom but ill get you the link and a test pic tom. pce

BroRage

Junior Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Heres 2 pics thats I took with the s3is but I do not remember if i put the macro lens on it or not... my girl took my camera today and I will not be getting it back till sometime this week so I can not post a pic with and with out macro up till then..

If one of you guys needs an adaptor I have an extra grey/silver one if needed..

And sorry for the dirty tank I was tearing that tank down and was to lazy to clean it..

IMG_3632.JPG

IMG_4956.JPG

BroRage

Junior Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
pics

Heres the 2 pics :
the coral is at least 3-4in away from the glass

the first one is on av mode with super macro mode
the second is with a +10 52mm Fox Macro Lens

Attachments

• IMG_6122.JPG
    IMG_6122.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_6130.JPG
    IMG_6130.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 101

DrCooper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I am just using the tripod and pushing that macro button. Not sure if i have the focus program thing correct but all i know is my pics dont look good haha. Why is it i find myself spending MORE money every day on my tank and this isnt even anything in the tank hahah

Matt

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: