Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Update: I have been running this rail system for some time now and haven't seen one bad thing except it being dimmer on one side of the tank.. I have since put in 2 72 " super actinic VHO's and that is just fine for me.. My corals all LE or high end acros are doing well and growing well..
Sorry to all the people who think you need a certain amount of watts per gallon, but you guy's are sadly mistaken.. I might be switching from the reeflux 12k to the 10k's to get some of the red's a little deeper though.. More updates to come..
And oh yeah my Preying mantis love the rail also..

Last edited:

mcnuggget

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if u like the tank 1/3 lit all the time, good for u :thrash:

but that look certainly isnt for me which is my 1st priority. i would never b able to live with that. :frown:

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Mcnugget: It is something that takes some getting used to, but I have learn to appreciate it because I can keep corals like the Red planet and keep it red under a 400watt 12k... When I had more light these colors wouldn't stay.. Until a couple of weeks ago the 10k wasn't even an option for me because the yellow just tok away from the tank... But now that I've seen a reeflux 10k, it doesn't look much different than a 12k to me..

Muntai:Check out my "little taste of bob thread" for all the doubters... Hopefully I'll be getting someone with a higher end cam to take shots of the corals with colors my cam can't handle like the ora tort, oregon torts, blue tort, cali tort which all look the same to me, or the sunset monti, super girl monti, australian delicate, the confusa's, spongodes.. Well you get the picture.. In my profile is a list of the corals and fish I have, if you need more names..

Adamc1303

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I have seen this work. It really depends on if you can live with on 1/3 or 1/4 of the tank lit at a time. I like my entire tank lit. In the future when I move and upgrade I will have a fish room with a frag tank. I would deff use it on a frag tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: