h20 freak

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the Holiday season has come and I'm toying with the idea of getting a new camera. I have no idea what to look for in a camera or what are the better brands.

I do know that I should look for something with adjustable white balance, not just the preset options, but besides that I'm clueless.

Help?

h20 freak

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well maybe I should change the title of this thread to"Help, I know nothing about cameras".

This is what I have now http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/sd10.html,good in its time but that time has passed.

To be honest I had no idea what dslr and point and shoot where until you just told me:tired: But I did some reading and it seems like a point and shoot with a relatively good variety of manual settings is what I'm looking for(price and LCD are what got me).More specifically I'm looking for something with adjustable white balance and has a tight DOF.

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
morning h2o

another question is are you married and have kids? cause if so i would look at a dslr so you can catch all those memories. you can start out with a slr with just a little more than a typical point and shoot and not have to know tons about cameras and look like a pro lol.... i am in the same boat but know about cameras and am getting the nikon d60 next week for the holiday pictures....

just my 2 cents

rick

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
i'm happy with my canon powershot s5 is if i could figure out all the other stuff would be even better, but for taking people pic's and outside it's great, does decent on my tank also, but havent really tried to figure out the whie balance yet either, plus you can get add on lense's for it

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: