autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
just got this new d40 for xmas!
i had a canon sd600 which took pretty decent shots IMO
but trying a new toy...and i am confused as ever...i dont know what im doing at all..the kit lens has no VR and seems like i got shaky hands..its hard to get a super clear shot..
tell me what you think of my first try

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

i like this shot where the background is blurred but dont know how i did it.. :eek: cali tort is still coloring up
DSC_0022.jpg

few non reef shots:

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
great tank shots! i don't think you can get much better with the kit lens. like you said i've found the only way to get a clear shots close up is by being ultra steady- tripod would probably be best.

read up on kenrockwell.com about adjusting exposure compensation- you'll see how to brighten up those non-tank pics. he has a well written d40 userguide.

dan

autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
thanks dan...
actually i read his guide and tried some of his settings but not sure what i was doing..haha..keep practicing....probrably pickup a few books

autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
the colors the dslr cameras take is alot nicer then point and shoots though...look at this pic of AOG's...pretty vibrant and pretty close to the actual color...

DSC_0049.jpg

autoponicz