Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some macro shots from Switzerland where I was visiting some reefers this past week-end.

zigo51.jpg

zigo52.jpg

zigo53.jpg

Canon made ... of course ;)

Toine

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
Can anyone help me take clear true color capturing photos with a canon t3i? I been fiddling with it to try and take photos under t5 actinic light and the photos just doesn't have that pop and the blue is too overwhelming and smother some of the color.

Last edited:

rrudo74901

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I'll assume you have the 18-55mm? Try shooting in Av, aperature priority. Shoot wide open, lowest f #. Adjust ISO to get shutter speed above 1/60 or 1/100 even better. If you are shooting coral that moves/pulses, you need a higher shutter speed. Handheld you are dealing with camera shake at low shutter speeds. Use center point focus. Shoot RAW and process in some PP software, preferably Photoshop CS5 or better or Lightroom. You can adjust the white balance in PP to get the "correct" colors.

If you use the tripod, try focusing in live view mode at 10x magnification. Then back it out and shoot.
You can correct just about anything in PP if its a tack sharp image, just cannot correct for out of focus.

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
I'll assume you have the 18-55mm? Try shooting in Av, aperature priority. Shoot wide open, lowest f #. Adjust ISO to get shutter speed above 1/60 or 1/100 even better. If you are shooting coral that moves/pulses, you need a higher shutter speed. Handheld you are dealing with camera shake at low shutter speeds. Use center point focus. Shoot RAW and process in some PP software, preferably Photoshop CS5 or better or Lightroom. You can adjust the white balance in PP to get the "correct" colors.

If you use the tripod, try focusing in live view mode at 10x magnification. Then back it out and shoot.
You can correct just about anything in PP if its a tack sharp image, just cannot correct for out of focus.

im definitely going try all that and yes. the lens is 18-55mm. im also thinking of getting a better lens but i don't know what to look for.

probe dms

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/photography/52459-canonites-only-club.html

5845_IMG_9841_1.jpg

5845_IMG_0018_1.jpg

5845_IMG_9609_1.jpg

5845_IMG_8194_1.jpg

5845_IMG_8185_1.jpg

Carl Zeiss 50mm Tessar 2.8. This lens is from 1955 still looking sharp as hell.

oh wait i thought this said canonians.
60Diesel.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: