jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Kris, it comes with a flash. You can mess around with mine on Friday.
I love the D40 but after using it for 6 months I need something more :)

kamikazee83

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hey! The D40 is a very good entry cam but its a little slower than the rest. I have a D60 and I love it, however I prefer the D90(if you can afford it). BTW I would like to sell my D60 if you're interested.

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Hey! The D40 is a very good entry cam but its a little slower than the rest. I have a D60 and I love it, however I prefer the D90(if you can afford it). BTW I would like to sell my D60 if you're interested.

I agree. Kris if you want a great small entry level camera go with the D60. If you search around you will find some deals. It will probably run you about anywhere between 500-600 dollars with a two lens kit. A few members have that camera in particular and might be able to point you in the right direction. Russ,Emmanuel and m'akoyPINOY
have the d60. You can always buy Kamikazee's camera. I looked at the D60 but after reading the reviews on a few different Nikon models I went with the D90. I am very Happy with my choice. The D60 and D40 felt really small in my hands. When I held those models in my hand my ring and pinky fingers would just hang under the camera body with nothing to do. It felt weird. Go to the store look at the cameras place them in your hands to get a feel for them but most importantly do your research.

Last edited:

FocusReefing

Just a podcaster from Queens
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Im strictly a Canon guy myself, but if ur into Nikon then Id hold out for the d60. the d40 is a good entry level camera but youll most likely out grow it & want something more in the future. Rather than buying 2 cameras I would just go with the d60. Also Look into it, but I believe the D40 doesnt have an internal auto focus drive, so some lense (those without built in focus motors) will only have manual focus.

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
d40 is a nice entry level dslr. it takes great pics n a big improvement to any point n shoot camera. depending on how much $ n how serious u r getting into the photo world, would decide on which model to start with.

note: to be able to take those amazon macro shots from some of our members here requires a nice macro lens which can cost more than the camera.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Harry, no D60 here, but want a D90 real bad.

Kris, in my research I found that the biggest drawback to the D40 as opposed to the D60/90 is the focal points for the auto focus. The D40 has only three focal points. If I recall correctly, the D90 has 11. The difference in clarity/resolution between the two is very very closed correlated to the focal points. D90 all the way.

R

kamikazee83

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I completely agree and dying to get my hands on a D90. Once again, anyone interested inmy D60? :)

Harry, no D60 here, but want a D90 real bad.

Kris, in my research I found that the biggest drawback to the D40 as opposed to the D60/90 is the focal points for the auto focus. The D40 has only three focal points. If I recall correctly, the D90 has 11. The difference in clarity/resolution between the two is very very closed correlated to the focal points. D90 all the way.

R

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Sorry about that Russ.I thought you had the D60.As for the D90,if that's what you want then I say go for it.You wont be dissapointed!! It came out recently so I wouldn't expect it to go down anytime soon.
The D90 does contain alot of the technology first seen in Nikon's high-end pro D-SLRs without the added price.
You stand corrected Russ.The D90 does have an 11-point AF system.:D

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Sorry about that Russ.I thought you had the D60.As for the D90,if that's what you want then I say go for it.You wont be dissapointed!! It came out recently so I wouldn't expect it to go down anytime soon.
The D90 does contain alot of the technology first seen in Nikon's high-end pro D-SLRs without the added price.
You stand corrected Russ.The D90 does have an 11-point AF system.:D

Silly man, no apology necessary :lol:

Corrected though? I did say the 90 has an 11 point AF system ;)

masterswimmer said:
The D40 has only three focal points. If I recall correctly, the D90 has 11.

R

autoponicz