BaNDiTo_RoX

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Okay got a great deal from Circuit City here since there closing down. Purchase the kit and an extra lens the AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED, but now I need a macro lens to get the really closeup pic's as sharp as possible and was looking into these.

1. AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED. $760.00 <-- would love this one but the price is a bit high.
Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1 AF Macro Auto Focus Lens for Nikon AF. $450.00
Tokina AT-X 100mm f/2.8 PRO D Macro Lens for Nikon AF Digital and Film Cameras. $400.00
Sigma Telephoto 105mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro Autofocus Lens for Nikon AF-D. $370.00
5. Sigma Telephoto 150mm f/2.8 EX APO Macro DG HSM Autofocus Lens for Nikon AF-D. $580.00

Post Pro and Cons if any.

Also if it's possible can you Nikon user post the lens your using and setting to get those great shots of your corals and fishes.

thx in advance

Last edited:

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Great price Bandito!!
Those Nikkor lens prices are steep but I think you will be fine with the Tamron. A friend of mine uses it and the pictures are Great.:D

BaNDiTo_RoX

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Great price Bandito!!
Those Nikkor lens prices are steep but I think you will be fine with the Tamron. A friend of mine uses it and the pictures are Great.:D

Yea those Nikkor are a bit much. That's why I posted this to see who uses what and how they like them. I'm surprise because I seen a lot of the people with Nikon pic's but no input here on the topic.

By the way thanks for the PM I love those corals over at that link you sent me.

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Yea those Nikkor are a bit much. That's why I posted this to see who uses what and how they like them. I'm surprise because I seen a lot of the people with Nikon pic's but no input here on the topic.

By the way thanks for the PM I love those corals over at that link you sent me.
Not a problem. Glad I can be of help.
Even though you don't have a macro lens yet that doesn't mean you can't take some pics of beautiful Puerto Rico for us. I was there in 1999 and loved it. There are great pics to be taken there so get to it.

Last edited:

Melt

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
the macro lens gone up big time...it was 105 VR was $729 all over now it's close to $900.

i wanted on from ww.jr.com but they were out of stock now the price is up big time.

the 55-200 is there for $164..or so

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Come on guys 219 view and still nothing.

You know it is possible that folks don't have the lenses you want to hear the pros and cons about. It is usually suggested that you take your camera body to a place that sells lenses and try them out yourself to see what YOU like.
In regard to your other question, there are quite a few members who did list the type of camera they used along with the lens type on this thread..
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/photography/52419-nikonians-only.html

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: