Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to drop a note to say hello. I moved a few months ago to Forest Hills (from the Midwest) and I have tried to be patient setting up a new tank (sold my two old ones before I moved). I was curious as to what the best places for fish and dry goods are (I'll probably get my rock and frags from other hobbyists) in the area.

I'm probably going to do two tanks - One for just frags (40b) and one DT (maybe a 75?).

Anyway, I look forward to chatting with some of you!

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Welcome.
Im in same area.
As far as good LFS, there are quite a few. I suggest looking into Long Island stores, or Brooklyn. I personally am not a fan of the Queens stores.

(Fish town usa (queens), is ok for dry goods).

I mainly go to Aquarium Village & Pets Warehouse in LI. - Huge selections of dry goods, and livestock.

PoP corals (Brooklyn) & Manhattan Aquariums (city). Great for livestock & some dry.

Of course - Amazon.
The Bronx stores are great for livestock.

Your best bet is always the guys and gals here in MR.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, Brlynreef123 & Chefjpaul! Yes, my old tanks were bought 2nd hand. Pretty much the only new things in them were heaters and powerheads. The GF is dead set against 2nd hand tanks, though. I guess I should be happy she is letting me put something in the living room, tough. I'm probably won't be ready to start cycling for another 2-3 weeks and then the fun begins with daily testing! Whoo-hoo!!!

Clink51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I live close alos, so if you need anything let me know
i agree with Chefjpaul, the stores he named are really good. Pops and Aquarium Village are the two best places to go. I have yet to visit Hot Reef though, but ive heard good things

Aggi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
welcome !! i live in queens but i always travel to the bronx for live stock ..Hot Reef in the Bronx 2474 butler st. Can't be beat!!! Prices and quality are number 1.... i don't mind paying the toll.. is worth the travel !!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again, everyone for the warm greeting. I look forward to meeting and talking with many of you over the next few years. Looks like I'm going to go with a 65 gallon bad boy with T5's. In a couple of weeks (once I get the tank back here) I'll be shopping for LS and LR!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: