UNICORN

Bubbles
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
omg so i just bought a 29 g biocube has been cycleing for 5 days just realized there is a small crack on top underneath the black rim just startring to show from under the rim its only on the inside i dont know if the retailer will have another for exchange .. am i over reacting will this crack get bigger or is it salvageable ????? has anyone had similar issues what are your recommendations????:mad::mad::mad::mad:

UNICORN

Bubbles
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just cleaned out some buckets so they will be clean for the morning i just bought it new at pet smart iam hopeing they wont give me a hard time exchanging it but my biggest fear is that they wont have any more there where only two lft when i bought mine . just in case they dont have any more are biocubes know to keep cracking or will it stay isolated ?

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
The tank WILL need to be replaced. Cracks only ever get worse.
Any decent retail store should be able to get you a replacement from their supplier if they are out of stock on them.

Lowering the water level will take some stress off the glass but is no guarantee that it won't crack further in the meantime. This is not something you can wait to react to.

Edit - I see Petsmart - you should have no issue with them replacing it. If that particular store doesn't have it, they may allow you to pick it up at another store. I would suggest calling them first thing tomorrow

DREUTZ

Reefs R Madness!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
The biocube needs a constant level in the display to keep the water moving through the rear chambers. You might need to reconfigure the return pump to keep the water flowing around if you want to drop your water level until you get the new tank.

Good luck

UNICORN

Bubbles
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank for all the advice i call first thing this morning and i had to go to another store to pick a new one up they did not give me any kind of problem oooof.

since i had to swamp tanks i thought this would be the best time to do some modifications

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: