mazon56

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
does anyone know if the red sea coral pro salt is good i use instant ocean and when its finished i wana switch to something better. i know esv is very good but seems a pain to mix and i like to new line of red sea products alot. if anyone has any experience with this salt pls let me know thanks guys

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
yes it is, i used it for awhile but the older mix had really low alk so i stopped, see if any place around you carries the d&d pro. thats my personal prefferance on favorite salt

Jzhou

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
ESV really isn't that hard to mix, you also don't have to wait to dissolve the mix. Aqua hut sells red sea reef mix for a pretty cheap price so its worth a shot. But to get the same result as ESV, I use to mix in mag and calc supplements with a batch of new salt water.

pauliwalnuts

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
yes it is, i used it for awhile but the older mix had really low alk so i stopped, see if any place around you carries the d&d pro. thats my personal prefferance on favorite salt
I almost can bet on them coming from the same manufacture (D&D, RedSea). They're made of the same process. How many companies do you guys think are out in the Red Sea dehydrating saltwater for aquarium purposes ? :scratchch

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: