KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Quick question on moon lights. How dark should/can they be. Would a dim blue work? Recently picked up a blue led strip

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Most true moonlights are sold as 'moonlights'. You really don't want to use what we typically use as actinics, or blue accent lighting as a moonlight, it will be too much light.

Can you possibly post a link to the item you have?
Also tell us what size tank you have and we can make some suggestions for suitable moonlights to use? :)

turbotone

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely interested in this topic as well.. I just bought to 10" led strips for my 75g setup and I think personally its to much light with just one on.. but I do have some dark areas.. haven't officially installed them bc I haven't bought the divider for both led strips from one power cord..

turbotone

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great to hear... I just bought two 10" strips just need the divider now.. how many do you think is an adequate amount for a 75 gallon tank? Sorry bro I didn't mean to steal your thread lol I just started my tank and im finding myself taking two steps forward and one step back often..lol this is a crazy hobby and im to deep to turn back! Also thanks for the info as well..

pweissma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
digikits makes good cheap moonlights. They use low intensity LEDs spaced about 2" apart so the light is dim and nicely spread out. For a little extra money you can get one with a dimmer so you can dial in the exact intensity you want.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: