Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why exactly contributes to part of the bioload besides the actual fish?

Do snails, hermits, corals, etc, contribute to the bioload as well?

Just trying to determine my Biocube 14 bioload...

Inverts:
2 - Turbo snails
6 - Astera snails
4 - Cerith Snails
5 - Hermits
1 - Coco worm

Fish:
2 - small Percula Clowns
1 - small Scooter Blenny

Corals:
Hammer
Xenia
Zoa
Mushroom

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Anything that can produce waste will add to the bio load in your tank. Fish can be a double whammy, as not only do they produce waste but you need to feed them, which put more of a bio load in your tank. Also things like worms and snails will breed in your tank, cause and increase in load, which when the populatation booms and dies back, can cause an increase in biol load too. Corals will have a lesser effect on your bio load, but depending on the type of corals, they can have a bigger impact on the bio load. Corals that need a lot of feeding, like non-photo type, require a lot of feeding, which increases your bio load.

Last edited:

howze01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
The toxins aren't normally released into the water. They are only released when they are extremely annoyed like when fragging. Not sure but it may not even be something that can be released by them as a response, it may just be when you cut (or ingest like I have seen stories of dogs doing) them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: