Ariel110G

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
My stock list:

1 Bicolor Angelfish Small

1 Flame Angelfish Medium

The Angels are getting along I got them together at the same time.

1 Yellow Tang Medium

1 Clarkii Clownfish (I got for Free, but I want to get rid of him, he is bulling all the other clownfish)

1 Blue Hippo Tang Large (I got for Free)

3 Percula Clownfish (2 I got for Free)

6 Green Chromis

10 Dwarf White Leg Hermit Crabs
10 Blueleg Hermit Crab
3 Emerald Crabs
1 Brittle Starfish
1 Sand Sifting Starfish
1 Peppermint Shrimp
3 Mexican Turbo Snail
10 Turbo/Astrea Snail
3 Cleaner Clam
10 Nassarius Snail

Attachments

• 05152011015.jpg
    05152011015.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 240
  • 06052011030.jpg
    06052011030.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 236
  • 06272011043.jpg
    06272011043.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 232

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
looks nice, my advice would be to tint or paint the back of the tank black to make it pop a bit more, and the rock is very... straight. loosen it up a little more or something to give it a cool look to it. and i see in the front some cyno maybe? or some algae? try and take care of that before it spreads like wildfire. other then that, nice.

Ariel110G

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
thanks, so yes it was my big mistake not to paint. But now after its set up it will not be easy to piant it. I need to know what paint to buy and what brush to use. Ok was thinking of a roller so I can get to the back.

Ariel110G

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Well as you see.........

Well as you see the blue back background is not working out, I just want ti paint, can you guys tell me what paint to use & the color type, I want a blue one, & with what brush or paint roller to use.

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I've painted over 25 tanks for people. It's easy as pie. Just tape around the boarders, and get cardboard over the top of tank. If you spray paint, it takes a bunch of light coats, but turns out nice. It you paint, get a roller and just roll on some paint. 3-5 coats. Just make sure to speed it up, get a fan blowing on it after each coat, and shine a flash light at it or do it in the sun light and make sure it's a nice thick coat so clean looking.

It's all a personal opinion on color. I have had black, blue, chrome, and navy/dark blue. Personally black looked so much cleaner. Take a look at my tank thread in my signature and you can see black background for examples. And if you go into my old old old tank pictures in my picture gallery on my profile, you can see blue, dark blue and chrome. I may still have those pics on it... Good luck

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: