Vern212

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks I just put a lipstick tang in my 75gal and a day later I notice he had white spots went tru the same thing with my hippo tang but it comes and go evey thing else doing good does that mean that the ich is just floting around my tank

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
It doesn't work and in the end there is a good chance that your fish is going to die. The only things that will work are copper and Hypos. If you go the route of copper you need to make sure you have a good test kit, as you need to treat at the correct level, otherwise it doesn't work. If you go the route of Hypos, you need a good refractometer, as you need to treat at the correct level for it to work. Also, with Hypos you need to make sure you have ich, as it works only on ich. You also can't do Hypos with Corals and Inverts.

m28cruiser

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 82.4%
14   3   0
I read that hypo salinity does not work all the time and copper treatment is the best way to go. Google Marine Ich Myths and Facts, there are plenty of good info about ich.

I used Seachem Cupramine in a hospital tank to treat 5 fishes. The treatment was for 2 weeks. It worked like it was supposed to, but my Kole tang did not eat much since the treatment and eventually died 1 wk after I put him in another uninfected tank. The other 4 fishes are doing fine (F.O.clowns, purple firefish, orchid psudo) . It's recommended that you leave the infected tank fallow for 2 mths. Be careful with cross contamination if you have multiple tanks.

Good luck. It will be a long battle.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
i had ick in my tank and i used kick ick and got rid of it. i just followed the directions and a couple of days later ick was all gone. that is my experiance with it.

Kick Ich does not KILL Ich. It will only irritate the 'skin' of the fish and the Ich may fall off. That does not mean the ich is dead, nor does it mean you no longer have it in your tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: