Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
It all depends on the type of eels you are talking about, and what size tank.

I kept snowflakes with banana eels, as well as snowflake with zebra eel in the past in a 6' 120 gallon FOWLR. These are not very aggressive eels, so I believe that was the reason for them getting along.

WilFresco

Master Debator
Rating - 97.8%
88   2   0
When I had my fowler, I tried housing 2 snowflake moray eels, I had a 5ft long tank, they used to stay at opponents sides of the tank but when they crossed paths they would go at it, I ended up selling one and bought a blue ribbon eel, the snowflake and ribbon eel never had any problems, there were times I even saw them in the same cave without any conflict, those were my experiences

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
When I had my fowler, I tried housing 2 snowflake moray eels, I had a 5ft long tank, they used to stay at opponents sides of the tank but when they crossed paths they would go at it, I ended up selling one and bought a blue ribbon eel, the snowflake and ribbon eel never had any problems, there were times I even saw them in the same cave without any conflict, those were my experiences
Not my experience becauseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I never kept 2 of the same.;)
But my friend Chris had the same experience as WilFresco above with 2 snowflakes. I actually ended up with the looser of the two.;) His tail healed up nicely after he was removed from Chris' tank to mine.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Some eels are communal eels just like fish. Unfortunately the less expensive and easy to keep ones are not communal from what I have read.
I have heard dwarf morays are, but they are pricey. Ribbon eels are but extremely tough to keep.
I have always wanted a pair also.

dacaptain78

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I keep a snowflake and zebra moray together in a 125 gallon tank. They are often in close promimity to one another, and sometimes right on top of eachother. They get along peacefully together. However, when feeding I try to maintain some distance between the two, so they do not compete for the same piece of food.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: