CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Cool fish really. It swims backwards sometime and is very interesting to watch.
I personall scrapped all my LR and started over. Noting really ever worked Except file fish and nudis. But it still comes back.

Rating - 100%
161   0   0
If u can get the rock out I would boil it to get rid of them peice by peice ive used aptasia x it worked pretty good .I wouldn't really advise going the method I used cause there chances of living arent good but I bought a copper band butterfly which worked wonders he ate every aptasia in my tank .he now eata mysis shrimp which i comsider myself very lucky they are finicky eaters .he will not touch manjono s though at all .so first if u are thinking about getting a copperbands determine if u have aptasia or manjonos..for the manjonos I use a manjono wand which works excellent if u can get the wand to the anenome .it didn't work that good for aptasia they usually attach themselves in holes in the rock and dart fast deep in the hole once touched

rolloff52

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aiptasia

i had a small aiptasia problem as well... at one point they ruined my tank and i had to start fresh.. my suggestion to you would be for your size tank to buy upwards of 30 peppermint shrimp, a copperband butterfly, and this solution called zaptasia.. its alot thicker than the aiptasiax is.. the peppermints should start eating the aiptasia

zenfish

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Manhattan Aquariums has peppermint shrimp for 3$ each. Slap 1 per gallon in your tank and they will go to town. Help them out by killing as many as you can with the kalkwasser syringe method, or aptasia-x/Joe's juice, and you will probably get rid of them.

zenfish

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel, since I've been doing this forever and people always have these anemones in their tanks sooner or later, it wouldn't be crazy to run a small tank where can keep a mottled filefish for when aiptasia break out and then take him out when you dont have any left so he doesn't start picking on your soft corals. if you occasionally can give him an aiptasia to keep his appetite for them high it wouldnt be a bad idea either. I am sure every well-stocked marine aquarium shop can find you a rock somewhere in their system filled with aiptasia to keep your mottled filefish happy and train his behavior.

Catching fish out of a reef though isn't the easiest thing so... probably not the best idea....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: