nuch

Babe it was on sale!
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
O.k. so i have a 170 gallon with little coral, and about 175 lbs live rock and a couple of fish. Ich killed the rest. looking to get more of everything but in the meantime untill i get the funds to buy that stuff, the sump that came with the tank is a 55 gallon with 20 gallon filled with bio balls that sits in the sump. I hear ditch the bio balls and go with a refugium. Soooo i have a 55 gallon with a turtle in it and a empty 75 gallon. Do i move the turtle to the 75 and use the 55 for the fuge? I can't use the 55 thats running now cause i figure it's my first refuge and i want to make baffles so i know it's gonna take some time, and i don't want the tank to sit without a sump for that long. Or should i use the 75 for the refuge? Please let me know what you think. And leave some suggestions on how to set up the fuge. And if anyone got pics of there refuge i would love to see them. Thanx!

Attachments

• IMG_20110812_130128.jpg
    IMG_20110812_130128.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

nuch

Babe it was on sale!
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
The return pump is internal, sorry forgot brand. Brought it from Reef encounters in Jersey. Where I have it which is right below the tank in my basement, it pushes like 800 gal. Should I get external? Skimmer? Have no idea, lol it came wit the 75 gal I bought off Craigslist. Maybee you can tell alittle bit about it from that pic. I know I gotta upgrade that. Let me know for sure what to get looking to get one this week. It has built-in overflow, left corner draining from the bottom. Return is going back right bottom of the tank. Thanx.

jon99

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know your turtle won't be happy, but go with the 75. When it comes to sumps, the bigger the better. You'll have more options for skimmer (if you run an internal one) and you'll have a larger refugium. Basically bigger sump = bigger filtration for your tank.

nuch

Babe it was on sale!
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Thanx all for the help. Keep em coming. In the process of making the baffles for the 75 gal, I'm making templates and gonna have a glass Guy cut em. Also I'm looking for a upgrade on the Skimmer if anyone selling or knows someone selling. I'm not looking to brake the back but I do want a good one.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: