thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
As I break one setup down and prepare to set another one up I am thinking about bb tank. If anyone has thoughts or can find a good post from past on topic I would appreciate it. I have been looking, but a more streamlined search would be appreciated.

The new setup will be a 110 5' tank. I plan on a sump/fuge, and will be using a reef Oct. Skimmer 160, and somewhere around 150 lbs of rock give or take. I may use sump i have now or redo stand and use a 55 or 75 gallon glass tank and section it off. I would have sand or mud in fuge. Tia

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Not certain on livestock yet, but I will have a cuc and really like wrasses. I am sure i need decent sand bed for wrasse, would not keep if went bb. I figured this ? Would come up, so i pre-answered

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Just go bb, and cover the bottom with gsp over time..

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Not so sure how well that will work though. I have thought of doing the same, but realized that the GSP might eventually find it's way up on to the rocks, and we DEFINITELY do not want that.;)

Thought of going bb, but don't think I would like a tank without a sand bed, plus what about my wrasse. Where would they sleep. Give those two things some thought my friend.;):flower:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: