Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sorry buddy but I have the bak pak 2 and have the same results and yes it does stop skimming every once in awhile, (it always gets me nervous) but than seems to turbo out and like wet skim the hell out of the tank afterwards..but i feel your pain the bubbles suck, and never stop.....:mad:

Its part of the bak pak characteristics, but I say learn to live with it or buy a better skimmer, thats what im gonna do when i get the $$$...but for now its fine....:irked:

Last edited:

alistair

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
What size of tank are you using it on? I used mine on a 29g for over a year with no problems.
Tonyscots has it right .... you have to give it time!!! ....be patient, it may take 3-4 weeks to settle in.
After it is running properly the amount of skimming will depend on your water quality and bio-load.

nycitaliano9

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
its driving me nuts im scared its going to over flow im going to get the coral life skimmer that has a drain so i can sleep at night. i ajust it its working go after a while my cup is full of water im going to end up selling it i just took it off my tank.

jawwad2004

Rating - 100%
37   0   0

alistair

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I don't think the problem is bubbles in the tank, hence the need for a bubble trap.
The problem is a very wet/ watery skimate filling up the collection cup.

Yes the remora is a better skimmer (I ran both on a 29g tank) but on a small I don't think it is worth the extra $.

jawwad2004

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
alistair said:
I don't think the problem is bubbles in the tank, hence the need for a bubble trap.
The problem is a very wet/ watery skimate filling up the collection cup.

Yes the remora is a better skimmer (I ran both on a 29g tank) but on a small I don't think it is worth the extra $.
Are you referring to a general problem with the bakpak skimmer or to nycitalian's problem?

yessongs

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I dont believe in filters, but if i had to choose between a penguin filter and a CPR skimmer im with your daughter. IMO, that skimmer is a POS i cant see how it will fill up cups.
My EuroReef on a 25G this is what it does daily
DSCN4675.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: