I just checked my levels in the tank and they are as follow:
temp-78
nitrite-0.2
ph-7.4
alk-1.7-2.8(more toward the high side)
ammonia-0.25
nitrate-high 100-low 20
salinity-1.022
I used the test kit made by marine land which includes the tests I mentioned. I know I have to get test kits for calcium, magnesium, and phosphate
Since I am a beginner I just wanted to know if these were respectable levels.If not which ones need to be corrected and how do I correct them.

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Your questions tell me you have not read much. If you want to save yourself a lot of grief and money read. Start with reading about cycling, making your water, topping off, water changes etc. There is a lot of info here and elsewhere on everything you need to know to be successfull at this hobby.
Ammonia and nitrites need to be zero. It will happen on its own. Just have patience.
PH should be around 8. There are ways to raise it. But I would wait for now.
Salinity would be better around 1.025. You can raise it quickly because you have no critters to worry about.
Try to let your tank settle in before you start buying life to put into it. Don't jump the first day that ammonia and nitrites are zero. Spend more time reading. And before you buy anything for your tank read up on it and then make the decision as to whether you should really get it.

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
I have been reading and doing a ton of research. Sometimes it makes it easier to absorb from people who have actually been through the process. I do have some critters running around. I was told early on to get a clean up crew which I did. I have 2 damsels which were purchased just to get my ammonia levels up and running. I am being very patient. My tank has been running about a month. I have no lights on in the tank or my refugium right now. There is mud in the refugium. So I welcome all suggestions and information anyone would like to share.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: