rwells

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
233   0   0
Hello all, I'm new the hobby and just purchase a used 100 gpd 5 stage RO/DI filter. I have replaced all the filters including the membrane. After setup I'm only getting about 15 gpd instead of 100. I don't have a pressure guage setup but my water pressure seems good. Also bypass pressure valve and water still just trittle out "drips only". HELP

rwells

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
233   0   0
You might be right, the pressure is fine all the way to the input of the membrane, the waste out pressure is good but the other out of the membrane only drips out. So I should try remove the membrane and run it without, correct?

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
did you install the membrane incorrectly?
How do you know you are getting 15gpd? Out the membrane the water will only be slightly more than a trickle. You will see more waste water coming out which means that it is working.

rwells

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
233   0   0
I remove the carbon filters and it's the same. I'm not a 100% sure is 15 gpd but I average from filling up a new tank. As per the membrane filter its in rt, the 2 orings are at the bottom. I spoke to couple of friends and the are telling me it's just about normal. I will order a pump and see if it improves. I taugh I would have got at least 75 gpd. Thanks for all the inputs, it was greatly appreciately.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: