jnelson

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Picked up a Green Coris Wrasse (approx. 1.5-2") a few days ago for my 30g cube. It was out and about for a few minutes but went into the sand and I haven't seen it since. I was just wondering if it's normal for it to be hiding this long.

I saw where in the sand it went in (the back right corner of my tank). I have tried gently squirting that area with mysis, Cyclopeeze, and NLS pellets, but no luck. All other fish (two small Tomato Clowns and a YWG) are out and about, and all corals are open.

Is it possible the wrasse is out and eating at night? I do have a good sized bristleworm and pod population so if it's still alive, it probably isn't hungry haha. How much longer should I wait before really being concerned?

jnelson

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
My cube is running in tank filtration (Current Subcurrent and Tunze 9002 skimmer). The Tunze is closed so there's no chance it went in there and I've checked the Subcurrent. Checked on the floor and inside the cabinet under the tank but nothing there, so hopefully that's a good sign haha.

jnelson

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Yes, should have been clearer. I have a glass top on my tank that covers MOST of the tank (except for about 3" wide in the back for the Tunze collection cup). I have checked the floor and inside the cabinet underneath and nothing though.

marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
Now u need to wait it out. Give it about few more days. Mine came out of hiding 4 days later. Also be mindful of the tankmates u have maybe some fish is stressing it out

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Reefs

jnelson

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I got it on Friday and yes, it was from an LFS in the area. (I actually got one of the Tomato Clowns from the same LFS last weekend.) It's one I trust so I just drip acclimated and put him in. The Tomatos have been hanging out with one another and seem to be keeping to themselves so I'm hoping it isn't an aggression issue.

EDIT: Yes, I make sure all the fish are eating. It ate pellet at the store.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Your fish came half way around the Earth and you want him to be awake and have no jet lag..and be comfortable in your time zone...all in about the past week? :)
He's probably snoozing, might be sailing around in your tank at night, so leave a few pellets in there for him to pick on as a snack in case he wakes up.

Not uncommon, I would not worry to much at this point..and no poking around in the sand in the meantime! :)

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
My coris went missing for like 3 weeks in my 265 and then one day out of the blue it was out and about and even survived the last power outage a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: