KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Is esv easy to use?

a loaded question..depends on who you ask.

I think it is very easy to use - if you just follow the directions :)
It comes with the measuing devices in every box and there are 4 ingredients you add..in order. It mixes clean every time, the parameters are spot on without having to dose your tank (unless you have a large amount of SPS or coralline growing in there..and then you'd have to dose no matter what salt you are using)..and to me the best part is you can use it right away. No need to wait until the following day like most other salts :)

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
What size tank u have kat? Can u give me an example of how much u use on all 4? How long does it last u?

Not a fair question for me to answer as I have 3 tanks 120, 45 & a 50..not including sumps.
It is sold in a box and comes in different sizes...25g - 50g or 200g - kinda like the buckets of salt. Everything you need to make for the amount of gallons is in each box.
As far as how long it lasts - that depends on % of water you change and the frequency. It's really no different (except in quality IMO) than using a bucket of salt, except you are mixing the ingredients..2 in powder form, 2 in liquid form.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Funny I hear from many how the salts do not mix clear, or that the parameters are never consistent yet I have never had those problems.
I actually mix my water & IO in a 5 gallon bucket with the extra long glass scraper, and pump it directly in to the sump, and have never had a problem. For me the IO salt mixes just fine, and the corals show off like you wouldn't believe.;) They always seem very happy right after a water change.:)
I buy the IO in the 200 gallon box. I will stick with it until the day I see from my animals that they do not like the salt or my methods.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Rob, I'm still using IO! I have yet to encounter any problems with it.;)

Me too! Had been using Reef Crystals for about 5 years, and just made the switch a few months ago to Instant Ocean. Got a bucket for like $30, and was using it on a FOWLR. Now that I have a reef going, I'm not seeing any problems with it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: