Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi everyone!

I've kept cichlids for the past four years and recently found a great deal on a saltwater setup. I'll be starting with a 150gal (60" x 24" x 24") FOWLR tank. The tank I bought came with a sump w/all pumps/plumbing, lighting and protein skimmer. I'm starting to collect more things as I get familiar with what I'll need. First thing on the list now is a good RO/DI unit. I know I'll have more questions but I'm going to follow all the advice I've been reading and take my time.

I have two cichlid tanks up and running at the moment. Here's a pic of my wet pet and a short clip. He's your typical Trimac (Amphiloiphus Trimaculatum), glass bangin **** that's pissed at the world. I hand fed him for a while until he thought my finger was part of the meal. He still lets me pet him though during water changes. Can't help but love him!!

Trimac1-1.jpg

Trimac4.jpg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J1IvL9wns4U

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice flower horn.

And welcome to MR.

yeah flowerhorns are not very friendly at all... nice looking fish tho.

Thanks for the welcome!!

He's a pure Trimac, not a flowerhorn :D Trimac is what they used to create flowerhorns so I can understand the confusion. It took me a long time to find a breeder that supplied pure Trimacs when I was looking for one years ago. They're a little more regularly available now though but you still have to be careful where you're buying from or you'll end up with a low grade flowerhorn instead.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: