al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
hi all, my lights are all off and ive used a flashlight to check out my colony and see some very very thin, almost transparent silky strings extending from the colony. can someone tell me what this is? maybe a worm or so? thanks

al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
no its not a spaghetti worm, the lines are very very thin, almost unseen without a good eye and flashlight. it retracts to bring in particles floating in the water

crxin

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
no its not a spaghetti worm, the lines are very very thin, almost unseen without a good eye and flashlight. it retracts to bring in particles floating in the water

If it retracts and brings particles in from the water I dont think it is anthing that is happening becuase of the zoa's. It is probably a tube worm or a vermetid snail that is living underneath the zoas or in a crack of the rock. Do you feed your food with selcom?

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
If it retracts and brings particles in from the water I dont think it is anthing that is happening becuase of the zoa's. It is probably a tube worm or a vermetid snail that is living underneath the zoas or in a crack of the rock. Do you feed your food with selcom?

+1

i have them in my tank too, they piss me off bc they coat some of my corals in the silky string bc of water flow forcing it to get caught up.. a little fanning motion with your hand clears it up, never had any ill effects from it..

crxin

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: