miserkris

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have a established 20g fuge with dsb, variety of macros, rubble....lots of pods.

I tried adding tigger pods twice, they were active...but after 3,4 days simply disappeared.

Has anyone cultivated them for long time, if so whats the secret I'm missing?

Thanks!

jcohen9999

Overkill Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
What makes you so sure that they aren't still in there?

If you acclimated them to the right temp and then tossed them in they are there but are so scattered there's no way you are going to see them until there's a major population explosion.

at least that's my experience.

HTH

Jeff

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
are you adding phytoplankton? i just started a cultivation tank for pods.. and you have to keep the water a slight green tint.. or they will starve to death,,

i also agree with the fact that you will not see them until there is a huge population, im doing it in a 2 gallon tank.. with only a small clump of cheato. after abt a week i was able to see some moving here and there but you kinda have to stare at the tank and wait for something to move...

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Well, tigger pods are just a type of copod so if you see other types and not tigger pods either the other pods are eating them or your environment does not suite them as well as it does the other types.

jcohen9999

Overkill Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
OK...maybe it's me and these old eyes but I can barely see copepods nonetheless pickout different species. Can you guys/gals really make out the difference?

*it's times like these that I wish I had a glass sided fuge.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: