jbjints

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
what should one do with these rocks before putting them into a tank? if there is anything u need to do. looking into getting this rock and just seeding with LR rubble.

I am placing an order for some BRS Fiji rock too and I was going to ask the same question. I was planning on rinsing the rock with some RO/DI water in a bucket. I hear good things about BRS's rock.

Kendall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Eco Rock, which is mined Florida rock, needs to be rinsed of debris, then cured in salt water. There is probably nothing to worry about with this rock but it is better to be safe and observe it outside the aquarium before putting it in.

Their pukani and fiji rock has organics in it and needs a full cure.

FMF0331

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
199   0   0
I just cleaned out my brs rockS, pukani and tonga branch - threw all 55 lbs of it into my spare bathroom/bath tub and filled it will water, added 2 capS of bleach, let it soaked for 4 days. Drained out the bleach water and soaking them in fresh water. Changing water everday until the bleach smell is gone

FMF0331

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
199   0   0
The bleach was used to clean out the gunk that was on the dry rocks, makes the dry rocks nice and white. When i got my rocks there were pretty disgusting. As of this morning the smell of bleach is almost gone. After that i will place them in my new 200 gallon tank and seed it with live rocks from my main display tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: