Thavngr98

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
If your RO/DI storage is higher then your sump make sure you remember to create a siphon break. Very long story short. I knew I needed to create the break. As I was finishing up the storage project we had to rush my son to the hospital (he's ok) got home and had a good portion of my basement flooded. Emptied more then half of my 90 DT and 20 sump and was able to move the tank clean up and run a de-humidifer all night. What a freaking night!

Thavngr98

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Thanks hes doing better. My wife told me this morning Im not sure about this whole fish tank think you got going anymore. LOL

A check valve would not work here. the water flows to the sump. the check valve would prevent it flowing back to the storage unit. I was going to just drill a small hole in the tube above the water line but I think I'm going to just put a T on it leaving one openings on the T open. I have a cover on the container so this should work. Once Im happy with it all I will take some pics. Its been a rather lengthy project with planning!

Cris007

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Sorry to hear about your night. I had the same problem but corrected it before a flood would occur.I fixed it by having it drain into the overflow box in the DT instead of the sump so it wouldn't create a syphon.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: