Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I am new in here and kind of computer illiterate, so forgive any lapses please. I am not in New york, much less Manhattan. I live in rural South Carolina, but this looked like a nice place to be. Hope it's OK for me to be here. Been in the hobby since back when nobody knew anything about it. Now there are gadgets and all sorts of rules and facts and I just have pretty much low-tech stuff and happy tanks. I am interested to learn about them- whether I ever get them or not is another question. Just wanted to find nice folks that love Salt / Reef-keeping as much as I do. Thanks for reading!

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Welcome to MR! We have people from all over the world on here it's not just for NY people. We welcome anyone who wants to sign up and be a part of the board. Just make sure you read all the rules and FAQ's to bring yourself up to speed. I personally believe in keeping it low tech and have happy corals as well. I'd like some more info on how you run your system. Again welcome and enjoy :beer:

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Welcome aboard mate. We've got a great community that encourages knowledge and camaraderie. Geographic location is moot.

We have a member, Paul B. who has been running his tank continuously for over 40 years. I'm sure the two of you can compare notes :)

Happy Holidays and enjoy all MR has to offer.
Russ

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to all that welcomed me! TriggerMan- you asked for more info. I am not sure what you need to know. I have noticed on various sites that they list all manner of expensive equipment and such. The only thing that is even close to being special on my tanks is on my 75, which has a MarineLand 24 hour lighting system with duo HQI on it. ( I LOVE that light! ) which is basically already outdated by LED's now. The rest of the stuff is garden variety-- Penguin 350 Mech filter w/bio wheel, a BacPac skimmer- that I NEVER turn on ( it was a gift ) but use for water flow and have tossed a couple handfulls of Bio balls into, a single medium flow powerhead- well, that's it. The big tech lineup- lol. I do use ChemiPure Elite and feel that it is a wonderful product! Just started using it 3 months ago and have noticed lovely differences in clarity and testing parameters. Also use Tropic Marin Coral Elements A & K, Seachem Reef Buffer occasionally and Tropic Marin Bio-Calcium. That is all of the chems I use. Everything else is water changes and paying attention. I wish I could send pics- I will one day when I grow up and get a digital camera. I love to share with folks! Hopefully, I answered your question in there somewhere. Thanks for reading.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guarda- I know it's pretty laughable, but I do not have a webcam. TRUST me- nobody wants to see me while we yap on the net-LOL. I am lucky that I know how to do email and also managed to find this site- all in the same year! Give me 1/4 point for that maybe? Perhaps Santa Clause will bring me a camera ( and a 'puter geek to install it for me ).

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How far am I from Witchita? Like in Kansas? Oh, about a half a Continent or so- is this a test MOD? LOL. I am in SC- you know, where they haven't stopped the Civil War yet... Don't hold it against me- I am a transplanted Yankee from Detroit! Go Red Wings!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Tonyscoot! And to all that made me feel good about showing up in here. I have been perusing the forums and have found a LOT of good info and some delightfully intelligent folks in here. Thanks for letting an old fart hang around. Eventually, I hope to be able to make better use of this site- all of the options are mostly a mystery to me.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then I am in good company! Thanks guys. Hey, if I get a digital camera, can one of you kind, refined old farts help me figure out how to post a pic to this place? My son said that he might have seen ol' santy clause w/one of those things. Swear I'm about stupid when it comes to these 'puters. I used to build walls and fix tractors, I know how to bring a half dead goat back to life, not scared of a charging bull- but electronic things freak me OUT.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Then you better avoid them darn electrified fences ;)

You'll need to upload your pictures onto your computer. Very easily done. Either plug the USB cable from your camera (when Santy brings it) into the computer or take the memory card from the camera and insert it into your computer. The computer will basically do the rest of the transfer for you.

Once you have the pictures on your computer you can then easily upload them onto your post on MR. When you hit 'Reply' (to post onto MR) the screen, halfway down, has a clickable feature called 'Manage Attachments'. Click it. Follow the directions on the screen from there.

Might seem complicated, but after the first time doing it, you'll see how easy it is.

Have fun and avoid those charging bulls.

Russ

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: