I noticed my temp at 86 the other day tank runs hot it's a red sea 66 gallon

Also my tank moves when I walk by it

And my tank is aliitle off leaning to the back

I don't know what to do

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
a moving tank is not a good sign, especially if it is not level, where is the tank located. can you provide pics. as far as temps go you can try a fan over the tank, or sump if you have one.

Ziggy

PADI Instructor
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I live in a building and my apartment gets real hot some times
I noticed my temp at 86 the other day tank runs hot it's a red sea 66 gallon

Also my tank moves when I walk by it

And my tank is aliitle off leaning to the back

I don't know what to do
move out before something bad will happen! it's not too late yet!!!!!!!!LOL...
I live in one of this hot apt,but I keep my window open all year long to keep it cool and moving tank is not good sign will put extra stress on you tank!

masterswimmer

www.saltwatercritters.com
Rating - 99.5%
439   2   0
My guess is that your tank is running parallel with the floor joists, in the middle of the span. Not a good combination for a fish tank.

I would re-locate the tank. What you need to look for is preferably, an exterior wall (or interior bearing wall), and orient the tank so that it sits perpendicular to the floor beams.

You can also anchor the tank to the wall behind it.

Russ

nycitaliano9

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
My guess is that your tank is running parallel with the floor joists, in the middle of the span. Not a good combination for a fish tank.

I would re-locate the tank. What you need to look for is preferably, an exterior wall (or interior bearing wall), and orient the tank so that it sits perpendicular to the floor beams.

You can also anchor the tank to the wall behind it.

Russ
The spot I have it in is the only spot I can have the tank

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
86 is way to hot... just turn the radiator valve off or way down
+1 my friend lived in a hot apartment for 3 years until I showed her how to close the radiators.
Huge difference.
The floor is another problem. You probably have to move the tank.

masterswimmer

www.saltwatercritters.com
Rating - 99.5%
439   2   0
I guess I'm screwed I can't move tank I'm wondering if I should shim the tank it's only off by an inCh

:eek:

1" in probably 4' is a HUGE amount out of level. DO NOT SHIM THE TANK. You need to shim the base of the stand along the entire length that it is out of level, not one spot.

I would also anchor the tank to the wall if you're saying you can't find another location for the tank. A bouncy floor is a recipe for disaster.

Russ

rwells

Rating - 100%
224   0   0
I have 180gl and my floor was off 2" so I made a complete base for mine. Use 6' level on the floor take measurement and cut 3 x 4 to size. Once base is complete just anchor it to the floor. Use Composite Shims if needed after that.

Jzhou

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
You don't happen to live in Astoria do you. I know some of the flooring of some of those buildings weren't built to support fish tanks. A few years ago, a friend of mine had is 40 gallon african tank fall through his floor and crash into the apartment below his. Thankfully no one was hurt.

ctrayer

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
If you can get in the crawl space you could support the tank from underneath. Also if you are running a skimmer run a hose for the air intake out a window to draw cold air.

Featured Sponsors