JarviZ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey everybody, this is my first post on MR. I decided to sign up on this forum since everybody seems to be real open and friendly with one another. I'm from Queens and started this tank a little more than a month ago. Glad I finally decided to sign up. :spin:

Please let me know what you think of my tank- all comments and feedback appreciated.

Biocube 14g
~12 lbs of live rock
1 ocellaris
1 azure damsel
1 firefish
4 hermits and a whole bunch of different snails from reefcleaners.org
mushroom discs corals on rock island
finger leather coral (lobophytum?)

Attachments

• IMG_4257.jpg
    IMG_4257.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_4261.jpg
    IMG_4261.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_4262.jpg
    IMG_4262.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_4263.JPG
    IMG_4263.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_3715.jpg
    IMG_3715.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_3848.jpg
    IMG_3848.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 162

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
Welcome. A little over a month eh? I'd keep right where you are and not add anything else to the tank before it had some time to mature. That's a lot of livestock for such a small/new tank.

JarviZ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks everybody.
I test it every few days or when I make change or add stuff. I added the finger leather two days ago.

These were my last water parameters after adding the finger leather:
temp 77F
Salinity 1.024
Ammonia 0
PH 7.9 - 8
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0

I don't have a calcium test but did get suckered by my LFS to buy some Kent Liquid Calcium and MicroVert. :irked: These reason I got these two specific corals is because I read from many people that these don't need to be supplements and simple water changes would be enough for them. I haven't added either supplement yet and both corals seem to be doing pretty well.

I noticed a lot of zelda smilies. Are the admins here video game fans or just zelda fans :link:

NewfiDog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A good rule of thumb is dont dose anything your not testing for. The chances you need to dose calcium at this point is low. As for the Microvert thats food you can feed, sparingly and target feed.

Welcome tank looks good but i agree with Skene seems to fast slow down, you dont want your tank to crash.

JarviZ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks for the great hospitality everybody! =)

Uhhh a month ago? Did you tank go through the Nitrogen cycle yet?

Yea the tank is definitely cycled... I used live rocks plus a dead shrimp. Tank cycled pretty fast - 1.5 to two weeks maybe.

All the livestock is pretty recent except for the azure. Yea I'm gonna have to stop adding stuff for now in fear of a crash. Everything looks pretty healthy right now and water parameters are on point, except for PH which is around 7.9-8. is that too low?

JarviZ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What test kits are you using, and what exactly are your parameters.:) Is this your first fish tank (salt or fresh water)?

What test kits are you using, and what exactly are your parameters.:) Is this your first fish tank (salt or fresh water)?

API saltwater test kit... I also have an Instant OCean but I don't like that one as much...

temp 77
salinity 1.024
ph 7.9 - 8
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 20-40 right before my water change which I just did not a few hours ago...

First tank ever

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: