Electric Flame Scallop

UltimateReefer115

Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I've been online and saw an electric flame scallop and was wondering if anyone had one of these guys or knows stuff about it? I know some things about it but I never had one before. One of the questions I would like to know is if it would hurt any small (shrimp crabs ect.) invertabretes? Thank you for any information! :)

Chiefmcfuz

Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
These have a very poor lifespan in captivity. They they have very specific feeding requirements. There are a few people who have had success but they are few and far between. Best bet is to leave them in the ocean where they belong.

UltimateReefer115

Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These have a very poor lifespan in captivity. They they have very specific feeding requirements. There are a few people who have had success but they are few and far between. Best bet is to leave them in the ocean where they belong.
Well, Thanks! I found out that there lifespan is 1 year. I should leave in the ocean but i am still doing research. I probably will not get one.

Jzhou

Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Its not for most people, like the others have said it is because of their feeding habits and their preference for cooler water. The longest I have ever been able to keep them was around 2 years.