Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
With LEDs you get smaller modular panels that are independent of each other.
If you have two braces across the top of the tank you could use three panels.
These are not used like the florescent tubes, more along the lines of MH lamps but without the heat transfer.

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I dont see any that are 84 inches long they only go up to 72

The 120 watts are individuals fixtures

This I'm showing you aren't for sale lol these are just an example on how they look

Attachments

• IMG-20111219-00076.jpg
    IMG-20111219-00076.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 108

howze01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I would think on a 265 you would need more than 4 of those fixtures. We had 2 on a 120 and got pretty good growth. On a 265 I would say 6 of them. Depends on how many braces there are and how wide each section is.

NewfiDog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would depend on what fixture, and what you want to keep. No way to tell how many you would need without what model. You should reach out to WINGO. If you are looking at the AI i dont think 4 would do it at all. There are many brands that look just like the ones angelo shows, some of those i would say you may get away with 4, remember that tank is also deep. If cost is also and issue shop around check these like angelo shows good par at depth http://apolloreefled.com/ i have the older version of these im happy so far, the price was good, my tank is also somewhat deep 28 inches and i get good light at depth. I liked that the bridgelux are made here dosent mean there the best but i liked that. There are so many brands of led's the price and what you can do with them range greatly, like controller no controller. Good luck nice tank size.

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
If I'm not mistaking your tank is 7 feet long correct? Well these fixtures light up tanks every 2 feet. So like I said before 4 of these 120 watt fixtures should be more then enough on your 265G tank.

Jay yes you will get nice growth on the 120 fixtures. The 120G tank is 4 feet long and the fixtures of the 120 watts are perfect for the 120G tank because they light up the tank every 2 feet.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: