kay18321

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Soo im transfering my water from my 20 gallon tank to my new 30 gallon tank and im almost done but the water is super cloudy what doo i dooo???? I dont have an extra filter and i put it on the new tank to clear the water what doo i dooo???????? I have a peppermint shrimp a snail a starfish and domino damsel can i still put them in this cloudy water im afraid they wont survive in the 20 gallon which is only filled half way with water with no filter which is running on new tank help please what do i do

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
So... this is a new tank...? new sand? new rock? if so...
You will be in for a cycle again. If this was from an established tank... then I would say add everything in and hope for the best. There isn't really much more you can do at this moment based on what information you are providing.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Are you moving sand also?

Which tank has the cloudy water? If you are switching tanks, why not just move the filter to the new one when you finish moving everything else?
It is not uncommon to experience cloudy water when changing tanks, it will settle down in a day or two.

kay18321

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So... this is a new tank...? new sand? new rock? if so...
You will be in for a cycle again. If this was from an established tank... then I would say add everything in and hope for the best. There isn't really much more you can do at this moment based on what information you are providing.
no everything from my old tankis going in this one soo FAR I HAVE THE WATER and sand in but my water looks milky can even put rock in because i wouldnt be able to see :/ can i still put livestock in soo that theyll be fine atleast

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
You can put your rocks in, and get creative with them later when the water clears.;)

You can always leave the fish, inverts in the 20 with a power head, and a heater while you finish setting up the new tank.

kay18321

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hey

you can put your rocks in, and get creative with them later when the water clears.;)

you can always leave the fish, inverts in the 20 with a power head, and a heater while you finish setting up the new tank.
sorry... And no ill be moving my rock and sand from old tank!! And the tank had sand in it so im using this also.. I didnt get a chance to move any rock or sand from my old tank i just have the water from my old tank in the new one along with the old sand from this 30 gallon which is still good its from a recent break down

kay18321

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Are you moving sand also?

Which tank has the cloudy water? If you are switching tanks, why not just move the filter to the new one when you finish moving everything else?
It is not uncommon to experience cloudy water when changing tanks, it will settle down in a day or two.
THANKSS:teeth: LOL... SOO SHOULD I STILL ADD LIVESTOCK EVEN IF WATER IS MILKY??? I TESTED THE WATER EVERYTHINGS GOOD NO SPIKES AND SALINITY IS GREAT

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
THANKSS:teeth: LOL... SOO SHOULD I STILL ADD LIVESTOCK EVEN IF WATER IS MILKY??? I TESTED THE WATER EVERYTHINGS GOOD NO SPIKES AND SALINITY IS GREAT

Yes you should.

Best to move everything at once..you can tweek the aquascaping afterwards. When you move the sand it is best to use a clean funnel or a piece of PVC pipe so you can put it directly at the bottom of the tank or your cloud is going to get worse.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: