Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Do not feed this any more guppies. They are not healthy and have no place in saltwater fish diets.
They can and should eat ghost shrimp until you can get it to eat frozen krill. These are reluctant eaters that need a lot of experience.
Did you research this before you bought it? Or was this an impulse buy?

Last edited:

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
well i guess i wasent cut out to take care of him so i sold him to a more experienced reefer

That was definitely a good decision! There are many hard to keep fish in this hobby and the best thing to do is research everything BEFORE buying. That means reading everything you can find on said fish, until you know everything possible. If you buy a fish and put a post up like this the hardcore guys on here are gonna tear you up lol

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
That was definitely a good decision! There are many hard to keep fish in this hobby and the best thing to do is research everything BEFORE buying. That means reading everything you can find on said fish, until you know everything possible. If you buy a fish and put a post up like this the hardcore guys on here are gonna tear you up lol

+1
Don't know if I am hardcore but I don't like to hear about fish purchases that were not researched.
If you have a smartphone it is very easy to do this even in the store. I do it all the time for the impulse decisions. Like a basket star.

With all the shared knowledge in this site and the net in general there should be less life ending impulse buys.

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
I bet you got it a petland or something.... Those guys dont know anything. The vendors on this forum all have experience and know pretty much everything about the fish they sell. So you will not get the wrong advice. But it also doesnt hurt reseaching them as it only takes a few minutes to read up on.

WilFresco

Master Debator
Rating - 97.8%
88   2   0
Before I buy a fish u'll see me pop my iPhone out and go straight to liveaquaria.com to see more or less if it would be compatible with what I have in my tank, plus a good lfs would feed it for u so u can see it's eating, it doesn't hurt to ask

Last edited:

aggresive tank gee

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 83.3%
10   2   0

your rite...but he was so small he was hiding and not really eating so i didnt want to take the chance....hes in a system where all the fish are eating ghost shrimp....hes happy and i just went and got a bartletts anthias instaed...hes easy going...lol

aggresive tank gee

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 83.3%
10   2   0
I bet you got it a petland or something.... Those guys dont know anything. The vendors on this forum all have experience and know pretty much everything about the fish they sell. So you will not get the wrong advice. But it also doesnt hurt reseaching them as it only takes a few minutes to read up on.

it was at fishtown u.s.a. and yeah they dont know jack...lol

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
There is a way to talk to those guys and I agree, there is a guy there who I dont mind talking to.
But it is the health of the fish that is the other problem. They are not the best specimens and they are unhealthy a lot of the time. There are many more places with a much better reputation for how they treat their livestock and their customers.

aggresive tank gee

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 83.3%
10   2   0
There is a way to talk to those guys and I agree, there is a guy there who I dont mind talking to.
But it is the health of the fish that is the other problem. They are not the best specimens and they are unhealthy a lot of the time. There are many more places with a much better reputation for how they treat their livestock and their customers.

give me a few other places i can go to with good prices......

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: