Rating - 100%
141   0   0
have a few questions about my rodi unit

1- its not making the water as fast as it use to could it be the time to change the filters? i had it
2- where can i get the replacement filters for it?
3- how do i know how many gal per day it is?
4- are the filters universal?
5- is it worth all the trouble of changing the filters or better to buy a new 1

Attachments

• IMG_20120212_151104.jpg
    IMG_20120212_151104.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
possible that either the carbon block or the sediment filter will not allow as much water now as they may be clogged. inspect those first as those could be possible suspects. If the water is still coming out with a low TDS... then no need to go for the membrane unless you just want to do everything in one shot... but not so much needed.

roc5288

ReefersDelight
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
1- what unit is it?
2- how old is this unit?
3- if there is nothing wrong with the unit itself just change the filters.
4- when you replace your filters just make sure you are replacing them with the correct microns ratings.
It just sounds like a filter change will solve your issue. You can pick them up at any home improvement store. Or online. Depending on what unit and age, you may have to replace your membrane and or your di resin.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Yes, the filters could be clogged. You want to replace them one at a time, in order of where they are in the system. So change the first stage first and then test. If it works better then you are ok, if not, then also change stage 2. etc. Keep testing after each change and monitor the TDS of the output stream.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
What's the PSI reading off the pressure gauge? How long ago was the "fast as it did before" water production? Cold weather affects water production as well. Last week I was filtering 5g in about 33-35 minutes, I just did some earlier today and 5g took about 50 minutes.

Reading the label, I think I can make out Spectrapure Marinepro 100, so it should be the 100GPD model.

petraio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
ken the actual unit doesn't get old are the filter get clogged but you getting 0 tds like widdy said its for sure the water being very cold this time of the year !! that makes the difference on how fat or how slow you filter water !!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: