Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Question for all Solana owners, I would love to know more about your filtration mods.

My Solana has been running for about a month and a half now and so far I've upgraded the skimmer to the tunze 9002 with the upgraded Tunze cup from mediabaskets. I also changed out the 2nd chamber and added the inTank media basket. So far I'm just running the basics that came with the tank, bio balls and carbon, and I added some filter floss on the top.

Basically I'd love to know where to go, and what is recommended from previous owners. What's worked for you and what hasn't?

al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
i just got upgraded to a solana tank but havent moved anything in there yet. the stock ATO sucks and so does the skimmer so if u swap those 2 out....u'd be good. i wouldnt use bioballs though....i was planning on running a mini fuge there perhaps. anybody else?

al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
i would think minimal? just throw some chaeto back there and probably replace the light bulb when u need to...otherwise i dont see much maintenance for a mini fuge

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Get rid of bioballs (detrius trap)
Put some cheato in the media basket (you need light for it to grow). Jbj makes the best one as its led an magnetic.
Every few months (maybe as little as 1x a year) i remove the media basket/skimmer and syphon out the bottom of all three sections.

There is a solana mod thread.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: