JMar101786

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Hello Everyone

So this past weekend I was talking to my brother about setting up a second tank...I wanted it to be something smaller compared to my reef tank but at the same time I didn't want it to be a "nano" tank... As luck would have it he wants to upgrade to a larger tank so he offered to give me his RSM130D :)

I have a few ideas of what I want to do but nothing solid just yet...The only thing I know for sure that I want to do is all the upgrades that i've heard about. The only problem is I don't know exactly all the upgrades that can be done to this tank.

As of now I know I can change out the two pumps and the skimmer but I have no idea what make/models to use that are ideal for this tank.

If anyone can offer advice or more upgrade options it would be much appreciated.

Oh... I also want to upgrade the lights to LED however i'm not sure how to do that. It was suggested to use the ecoxotic stunner strips but I don't know if those will grow coral... I think i'm going to try and do mostly zoas, maybe a few gorgonian, and possibly a chalice or two ... I really don't see myself doing any sps coral... I want to be as close to the 20K look as possible.

Thanks,
Joe

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
The few things that I did was:
1) Intank media rack
2) Tunze 9002 nano skimmer
3) Intank skimmer cup for the Tunze 9002
4) Tunze osmolator for auto top off with consistent water level
5) Rapid LED DIY kit in the stock hood. I'm using 5 cool white, 2 greens, 2 reds & 17 royal blues to achieve an 18k to 20k look.
6) Added rear RSM stock cooling fan.
7) Added a MP10W

I also changed out the stock pumps & hood fans to new stock because the tank was used and some of these items were not working, the RSM stock pumps & fans seem fine to me.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: