jopik

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
is it ok if I put a tank by the right window?

any advice?
thanks

Attachments

• livingRoom.jpg
    livingRoom.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 253
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I would avoid putting it near the window if possible.. and avoid direct sunlight. It will have numerous effects on the tank most of which are not gonna be beneficial.

Temp will jump, extended light cycle could lead to more nuisance algae and the tank will be hard to stabilize.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
ummm....can I come hang out at your place?!?!?!

Great Looking apt. with views of Central Park?!?! Love the ceilings!

Based on Photo, I too would put tank between windows.
Depending on which direction your windows face, the light may not be an issue at all (I doubt it will be an issue at all)
I have my tank near a east facing window that gets direct sun all morning (I just keep the blinds closed until after 11 AM-and I only do that so my RBTA doesnt try to extend towards the sunlight instead of my slowly ramping up LEDs), and then I get sun light coming from my southern exposure and it is not a problem whatsoever

Last edited:

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
You can place a tank in front of a window.
You will get a lot of beneficial effects from the sunlight.
However, you will also get heating and cooling fluctuations form the sunlight.

There is a possibility of algae but only if your parameters are not good.
I have seen tanks in front of windows that look spectacular.

V.Shaq

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I agree with posters above about the window bit. I currently have a fresh water setup next to a window with partial lighting coming from the window and I always have algae problems. My saltwater tanks are oppisite of my windows so do not have issues with them.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
If you need help carrying it up let me know, I'd carry it by myself for a chance to see that book collection.

My guess lawyer or something of that nature? You don't have to answer just noticed the encyclopedia looking books ;). Gorgeous place I hope to own one someday.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: