mbgrubb15

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hey MR,

I have two different brands of salt. Both buckets only have a little salt left. When making my water would it be ok to mix the two different brands? Has anyone ever done this?

thanks

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
IMO I wouldn't do it @ the same time to make 1 water change. I would just ur levels may be way off. It's ok to change from 1 salt to another slowly but to mix both I wouldn't do it.

Ken he's been using both salts... I don't think it matters at this point.

Matt, make a water change with what u have of one salt brand then on your next water change use the other brand. Just as you been doing just in smaller valumes.

Rating - 100%
141   0   0
Ken he's been using both salts... I don't think it matters at this point.

Matt, make a water change with what u have of one salt brand then on your next water change use the other brand. Just as you been doing just in smaller valumes.

Yeah that's fine one @ a time but not combining*both to do 1 water change thats wat I'm saying

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
It should make no difference at all as long as you mix the salt to the correct salinity & temperature.
All salt mixes use basically the same thing, what one has more of the other type has less of. If they are equal..then same difference.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: