stooops718

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I bought a frag with 2 heads of Ricordea on it a week ago. They are two different colors. One is neon green and the other is more purple The past couple of days the neon green one has stayed rather small and it's mouth gapes often with stringy white stuff come off of it. Last night I noticed some of the bubble were coming of it attached. It still is really bright neon green but I'm concerned. Here are my parameters:

pH=8.2
Ammonia=-0ppm
Nitrite=-0ppm
Nitrate=5-10ppm
Salinity=1.025

I am running Floss, Chemi-pure Elite, and Purigen

My Livestock consists of:
2 Clowns
1 Sixline Wrasse
2 Emerald Crabs
1 Peppermint Shrimp
A few Hermies
Various Snails

My lighting is an AI Nano Blue.

Help! Could one of my livestock be bothering/picking at it? Is it just normal Ricordea behavior?

Thanks in advance.

stooops718

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
It doesn't sound good..where is it placed? Ricordea are typically low light I'm guessing the leds are too strong. When I had some in my nano with a led they died off I think that was the reason.

It's on the sand bed. I was thinking it was the lights too but the other Ric seems to be doing good.

IMG_1881.jpg

stooops718

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I didn't do a dip just temp acclimated. Flow is slightly slower where I have it placed. It's only been a little over one week since I added them. When I got it the green one was just smaller than the other one. I figured it just contracted a little during the transport but it was fully opened. It looked worse last night. Basically like it's cupping up and looks like it's deteriorating but it's still bright green. Should I remove it from the healthy one? I'll post another pick when I get home from work. Is it normal for the bubble to come off of them.

Also, I didn't even realize they were Yumas. The LFS just had them labeled as ricordea.

Ole Pukey

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I didn't do a dip just temp acclimated. Flow is slightly slower where I have it placed. It's only been a little over one week since I added them. When I got it the green one was just smaller than the other one. I figured it just contracted a little during the transport but it was fully opened. It looked worse last night. Basically like it's cupping up and looks like it's deteriorating but it's still bright green. Should I remove it from the healthy one? I'll post another pick when I get home from work. Is it normal for the bubble to come off of them.

Also, I didn't even realize they were Yumas. The LFS just had them labeled as ricordea.

I've never heard of bubbles coming off. You should try dipping them, it could be parasite or infection.

Ole Pukey

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Both are good, coral x is freaking expensive. I use seachem reef dip. You should get into the habit of dipping your coral. I buy my coral the same day i do my water change that way it leaves me with water i can acclimate n dip with.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
If the Yuma starts to look like slime (noticeable if this happens)..take it out out the tank so it doesn't kill the one next to it.
If it doesn't start to turn to slime, just leave it be, it might recover.

bethzb

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had two different color riccordea prefer different lighting. My orange seems to like it brighter and up high in the tank under LED's whereas the green/blue one wanted to be much further away from the lights, practically on the sand bed before it was happy.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: